Sunday, February 7, 2010

Welcome Weary Traveler...

First off I will admit that this blog partly owes its existence to Wil Wheaton. I follow him on Twitter (doesn't everybody?) and a while back he posted about cooking something. I don't remember the exact words, but he used a magical term to describe how he made the item. I'm not sure it was "conjured up" but it was something similar. Anyway... It reminded me that I had been thinking of creating a kitchen witch blog for some time. So finally, after much procrastination, here we are.

Just what is a "kitchen witch" I hear you asking. The answer depends on who you ask. To me a kitchen witch is, first of all, a person who likes to cook. S/he is also a Pagan of some sort, most often Wiccan. S/he knows about all kinds of food lore and folk remedies. Kitchen witches usually have a green thumb. S/he uses his/her talent in the kitchen as part of his/her spirituality. S/he is mindful of the blessings of life and remembers the Goddess when she works.

Now comes the time where I admit that I am an "aspiring" kitchen witch. I've had the urge but I really haven't put in the time or energy. I hope that this blog will inspire me to get to work on that part of my life. I've got a lot of work to do.

I'd better start with cleaning my kitchen.

*The picture is Circe by John William Waterhouse.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment