Monday, February 28, 2011

Land O'Lakes Boycott


Here's something I found at Searching For Sustenance:
To produce its Round-Up Ready Alfalfa seeds, Monsanto partnered with a company called Forage Genetics International, which is a wholly owned subsidiary of Land O'Lakes Dairy Co-op.... [They] stand to make a fortune from polluting our food supply with untested and unlabeled GMOs.

I don't know about you but I'm getting sick and tired of having to constantly research companies that produce my food to make sure I know what I'm getting. This business of doing all the GMO dirty work through a subsidiary while promoting your products as "natural" or "healthy" is just plain underhanded and sneaky. Not to mention morally reprehensible.

Consumers have to stand up and tell food companies that they cannot mess with our food and not expect any consequences. Land O'Lakes needs to hear from you. Tell them why you will not be buying their products. Here's the contact information:

Chris Policinski
President and CEO
Land O’Lakes
4001 Lexington Avenue
Arden Hills, MN 55126-2998
651/481-2222
You can also write to Forage Genetics directly:
Forage Genetics International,
P.O. Box 339 Nampa, ID 83653-0339
(800) 635-5701 info@foragegenetics.com
Mark McCaslin, PhD, President - mccaslin@foragegenetics.com 


While I was reading the Land O'Lakes information I found a video you might enjoy:




Image: Farm Wars
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment