Saturday, February 19, 2011

A Little Bit Of Psychic History

When I was 12 I found a book in the library that showed me how to read fortunes with an ordinary deck of playing cards. For awhile I was busy reading the cards for classmates. Until one of the teachers caught me and had a fit. Fortune telling isn't allowed in Catholic schools. I ended up having to write an essay on the origin of cards. Talk about grown ups being totally clueless! That essay just fueled my interest in all kinds of divination.

When I was 13 Santa brought me an Aquarian Tarot Deck and a Ouija Board. I was a Catholic living in a Protestant house with a Christian figure giving me pagan gifts. No wonder I'm all over the map spiritually. Anyway. I never connected with that deck. The images just didn't move me in any way. In fact, I developed some kind of block and I've never been able to read fortunes with a tarot deck. I can't keep all the information on each card in my head. I can't even do it with playing cards any more.

Out of curiousity I looked up tarot card reading on YouTube. I found this long (and kind of boring) video that goes through all the cards and their meanings. I think if I listened to this a few times I might get it.






What do you think? Is it useful? Have you any other online tarot suggestions?
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment