1/2 pkg Pillsbury Refrigerated Pie Crusts, softened as directed on box (1 crust)*
1 1/2 cups (375 mL) semisweet chocolate chips
1 can (300 mL) sweetened condensed milk
1/3 cup (75 mL) Irish cream liqueur or whipping cream
1/2 cup (125 mL) icing sugar
1/3 cup (75 mL) cocoa
1 1/2 cups (375 mL) whipping cream
1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla
Additional cocoa, if desired
White chocolate curls, if desired
- Heat oven to 425ºF. Remove crust from pouch; press in bottom and 1 1/2 inches up side of 9-inch springform pan. Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown.
- Place chocolate chips in medium microwavable bowl. Microwave on High 40 seconds. Stir; microwave 5 to 15 seconds longer or until chocolate is melted and smooth. Cool 3 minutes.
- In large bowl, beat condensed milk, liqueur, eggs and melted chocolate with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Pour into cooled baked shell.
- Bake 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350ºF; bake 20 to 30 minutes longer or until centre is set. Cool completely on cooling rack, about 1 hour. Refrigerate 2 hours.
- In medium bowl, beat all topping ingredients except additional cocoa and chocolate curls with electric mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form. Spread topping over tart; sprinkle with additional cocoa and garnish with chocolate curls. Store in refrigerator.
* Here is a recipe for making your own pie crust instead of using the store bought kind.