Monday, November 7, 2011

Kitchen Sink Breakfast Burritos


When I was a kid scrambled eggs were made with green onions and crisp bacon and served with toast. The first time I saw a burrito was at a 7/11 when I was in my 20s. Now I don't know how I lived without tortillas. Breakfast burritos are probably my favorite breakfasts. They're so easy to make and you can put just about anything in them.


This morning's breakfast was a bit of a mashup. I had some celery, green onions and an avocado that needed to be used up. I only wish I'd had some left over Italian sausage. I would have also liked some red bell pepper just for the color.


Ingredients 
2 green onions, sliced 
1 stalk celery, diced 
2 tsp. garlic, minced 
4 oz. cheddar cheese, shredded 
1 avocado, sliced 
2 tbsp. sour cream 2 eggs 
2 8" flour tortillas 


Directions 
Sauté celery on medium high heat for 10 minutes or until tender. Add garlic and sauté for 2 minutes. Add eggs and green onions; cook until eggs are done. Add cheese on top for a couple of minutes until melted.  Divide mixture between the flour tortillas add avocado and sour cream .


Mystical Connections:
Eggs have long been associated with fertility which only makes sense. Avocados belong to the planet Venus and have love energy.  Celery belongs to Mercury and are a fire element. They have sexual energy. The planet for cheese is Saturn. In ancient Greece wedding cakes were usually cheesecakes.

What was I thinking when I put these together?




About the image: I was too hungry to beautify my breakfast for you. I was about to dig in when I thought I should get a photo.


As Always, the magical information used in this post comes from Wicca in the Kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment