Monday, January 16, 2012

Spicy Sweet Potato Fries

I bought Alexia Spicy Sweet Potato Fries last night. I admit it. I was lazy. I didn't want to buy sweet potatoes and make my own. I just wanted to dump some on a cooking sheet and wait 22 minutes. These julienne fries were perfect. Just the right amount of spice.

I could conceivably make these if I had all the spices: sea salt, chipotle peppers, onion powder, garlic powder, chili pepper, yeast extract and jajapeno pepper powder. Then I'd need mustard, cilantro, cornstarch, rice flour, sugar and tapioca. I'm sure there's a recipe out there somewhere but for now it's easier to buy these. So there.

I suggest that you spread them out on the cooking sheet so that they don't touch and that you turn them a couple of times during the next 22 minutes. If you don't they won't get crispy and that would be a shame.

I ate them with a little Japanese mayonnaise and some organic ketchup. Yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment